Monday 19 September 2016

Induction

So I had my physics induction today, 9:15 AM Trevithick building T/2.09. Woke up at half 7, assuming I'd have more than enough time to get there, and after having breckfast had a minor panic attack when I reallised it was 8:25, and the bus leaves at 8:30. It's worth mentioning at this point that I hadn't put my shoes on, or located my keys, ID cards or money. By some miracle, I made it to the bus, which then inevitably, in a big city, got stuck in rush hour traffic. 40 minutes later I arrived at the physics buildings, and was fortunately able to locate T/2.09 fairly quickly, thanks to a very helpful receptionist. I arrived at my induction at 9:13 AM

9:30 came and went, and still nothing happened, I guess they expect people to be late on their first day. Oh well...

Annoyingly though, this means that even if I catch the slightly earlier bus, at 8:20, I'm going to be late to 9 AM lectures. Guess I'd better get used to walking...

On that note, I missed the bus back, and it's hourly, so I then had to wait for the next bus or walk, in the end I decided to wait, so I met Jordan, complained about his hall being so close to the physics building, waited for the bus, walked to the SU for the next bus, looked at the bus and decided to walk back anyway. Don't ask why. (I needed bread from Lidl)

Argueably the worst decision I have ever made. I bought 4 litres of fruit juice and had to haul it all the way up the hill. What should have been a 30 minute walk ended up taking closer to an hour, as I had to keep stopping to rest my arms and catch my breath. I really hope Uni hall does deliveries, because I'm not sure I am able to do that on a regular basis.

Anyway, the rest of my day was relatively uneventful, if you ignore the fact it's currently nearly 2 AM and my flat mates are having a conversation in the corridor having just got back from a paint party. Wewp!

No comments:

Post a Comment